Smart Women2020 Event
Following a very successful launch of the Women2020 partnership on 8 March 2013, we are thrilled to announce that the second event of the Women2020 platform will take place in honour of International Girls in ICT Day, on Thursday, 25 April 2013, 8:00-10:30 at DIGITALEUROPE in Brussels. This event will take the form of an invitation-only breakfast for a total of forty speakers and attendees, on the topic of Women in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) for Smart Growth — one of the three pillars of the European 2020 Strategy.
Participation: This event is Invitation Only. To express your interest in being invited to attend, please follow this link and fill in an Attendee Nomination form to submit to the organisers.
Women in STEM for Smart Growth: Promoting Women’s Education, Jobs and Leadership in STEM Sectors in Europe
8:00-8:30 – Registration and networking breakfast catered by Me Gusta
- Ms. Marietje Schaake, Member of European Parliament
- Ms. Linda Corugedo Steneberg, Director for Cooperation, European Commission DG Connect
- Ms. Patricia Reilly, Member of Cabinet for Commissioner Maire Geoghegan-Quinn, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research & Science
- Ms. Anna Maria Darmanin, Vice President, European Economic & Social Committee
- Ms. Sabine Everaet, Chief Information Officer, Europe Group at The Coca-Cola Company
9:45-10:15 – Discussion with Attendees & Online Participants
10:15-10:25 – Launch of “Digital Girl of the Year” and “Digital Woman of the Year” Awards with patronage of DIGITALEUROPE, ECWT and the European Commission (TBC) by Ms. Cheryl Miller, Founder of Zen Digital Europe
10:25-10:30 – Closing Remarks
Live Webstreaming: The entire event will be live-streamed here for public participation.
Women2020 Rapporteur: Ms. Inge De Prins
2013 Series: The 25 April event is the second in a series of high-level Women2020 gatherings taking place throughout 2013, addressing topics related to women’s contribution to achieving the Europe 2020 vision. The entire agenda is the following:
- COMPLETED – Event Report & Photos: 8 March (12:00-14:00 at DIGITALEUROPE, Brussels): Women for Smart, Sustainable & Inclusive Growth: Promoting the Contribution of Women to Achieving the Europe2020 Vision
- 25 April (8:00-10:30 at DIGITALEUROPE, Brussels): Women in STEM for Smart Growth: Promoting Women’s Education, Jobs and Leadership in STEM Sectors in Europe
- APPLY! 15 May (8:00-10:30 at Google, Brussels): Women in Enterprise for Sustainable Growth: Promoting Women-led Innovation and Enterprise, and Women Entrepreneurs in Europe
- 17 October (Location TBC): Women in Leadership for Inclusive Growth: Promoting Women in Public & Private Sector Leadership
- 12 November (12:00-14:00 in Brussels): Young Women for Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Growth: Promoting the Contribution of Young Women to Achieving the Europe2020 Vision
- 5 December, Brussels: Release Event Women2020 Action Plan
Action Plan: In collaboration with our media partners New Europe and Business Incubator Magazine, a Women2020 Action Plan will be published at the end of 2013 on the basis of the Women2020 dialogues.
Involvement: Please contact the organiser for more information about the Women2020 platform, or to sponsor or host a Women2020 event.