Enterprising Women2020 Event
The third 2013 event of the Women2020 platform will take place in Brussels at Google on Wednesday, 15 May 2013, 8:00-10:30. This event will take the form of an invitation-only breakfast briefing for a total of forty speakers and attendees on the topic of Women in Enterprise for Sustainable Growth — one of the three pillars of the European 2020 Strategy.
Participation: This event is Invitation Only. To express your interest in being invited to attend, please follow this link and fill in an Attendee Nomination form to submit to the organisers.
Women in Enterprise for Sustainable Growth: Promoting Women-led Innovation and Enterprise, and Women Entrepreneurs in Europe
8:00-8:30 – Registration and networking breakfast
8:25-8:30 – Welcome
- Member of European Parliament – TBC
- Ms. Madi Sharma, rapporteur for Women in Business and Women on Boards, European Economic & Social Committee
- Ms. Angela Steen, Public Policy Manager, Google EMEA
- Ms. Karen Wilson, OECD Directorate for Science, Technology & Industry, Structural Policy Division
- Ms. Imelda Vital, Director, Amway International EU Affairs Office
- Ms. Claire Munck, Director Business Development of Be Angels & Belgian Director of Go Beyond
9:30-10:15 – Discussion with Attendees & Online Participants
10:25-10:30 – Closing Remarks
Live Webstreaming: The entire event will be live-streamed here for public participation.
Women2020 Rapporteur: Ms. Inge De Prins
2013 Series: The 15 May event is the third in a series of high-level Women2020 gatherings taking place throughout 2013, addressing topics related to women’s contribution to achieving the Europe 2020 vision. The entire agenda is the following:
- COMPLETED: 8 March (12:00-14:00 at DIGITALEUROPE, Brussels): Women for Smart, Sustainable & Inclusive Growth: Promoting the Contribution of Women to Achieving the Europe2020 Vision
- COMPLETED: 25 April (8:00-10:30 at DIGITALEUROPE, Brussels): Women in STEM for Smart Growth: Promoting Women’s Education, Jobs and Leadership in STEM Sectors in Europe
- 15 May (8:00-10:30 at Google, Brussels): Women in Enterprise for Sustainable Growth: Promoting Women-led Innovation and Enterprise, and Women Entrepreneurs in Europe
- 17 October (location TBC): Women in Leadership for Inclusive Growth: Promoting Women in Public & Private Sector Leadership
- 14 November (18:00-20:00 at Egmont Palace, Brussels): Young Women for Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Growth: Promoting the Contribution of Young Women to Achieving the Europe2020 Vision
- 5 December (18:00-20:00 at Google, Brussels): Release Event Women2020 Action Plan
Action Plan: In collaboration with our media partner, New Europe, a Women2020 Action Plan will be published at the end of 2013 on the basis of the Women2020 dialogues.
Involvement: Please contact the organiser for more information about the Women2020 platform, or to sponsor or host a Women2020 event.
Please sign our petition supporting 40% Women on Europe’s Boards of Directors!
Partners & Sponsors: For inquiries on how your organisation can support the Women2020 initaitive, please contact us.
The Women2020 platform is made possible by the generous contribution of our partners and sponsors.